Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings
- 1 butternut squash, about 1½ pounds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1½ cups uncooked U.S. arborio or medium-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4½ cups chicken broth
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Prick squash in several places, set in shallow baking dish; bake at 350 °F for 50 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly; peel, remove seeds and strings from center and cut into ½-inch cubes. Set aside.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; cook until onion begins to brown, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add rice and sage; stir 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add nutmeg, cayenne pepper, squash and broth. Cover and cook 10 minutes. Stir; reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook until rice is tender and mixture has a creamy consistency, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cheese. Serve immediately.