Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Source: TJ Hill - Appetites Catered
- 12 Servings
- 6 whole butternut squash, about 1# each
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups halved and sliced onions
- 3 cups peeled, cored, sliced apples
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ½ cup unsalted chicken broth
- ¾ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- ¾ cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ pound sliced bacon, crisp cooked, drained, and crumbled
- Peel squash and cut in half lengthwise.
- Remove center seeds and strings, and then slice thinly.
- Heat butter in a skillet, over a medium flame.
- Add onions and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Combine apples and flour-toss to coat well.
- Place half of the squash into a buttered 9x13x2-inch baking dish or hotel pan.
- Arrange half the apples in a layer on top of the squash place the remaining squash on top of the apples.
- Cover with the remaining apples.
- Top with the sautéed onions.
- Pour stock over all.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes, until squash is tender combine breadcrumbs, cheese, and bacon-mix well.
- Spread mixture over the gratin.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 – 25 minutes, until lightly browned remove from heat and allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Serve hot.