Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Paula in California via Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 4
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut a very thin slice from bottom of each tomato so that it won't wobble.
- Do not cut into the liquid part of the tomato.
- Cut a ½ inch slice off tops of tomatoes and scoop out seeds and pulp from cavity, leaving the shell of the tomato intact and being careful not to penetrate the bottom.
- Sprinkle insides of tomatoes with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Put ½ tablespoon buttermilk in bottom of each shell.
- Fill each shell with a raw egg, which will come almost to the top of tomato.
- Carefully spoon 1 tablespoon buttermilk on top of each.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Place in shallow baking dish and bake 25 minutes, or until eggs are set but not overcooked.