Contributed by Paula in California via Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 4
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut a very thin slice from bottom of each tomato so that it won't wobble.
- Do not cut into the liquid part of the tomato.
- Cut a ½ inch slice off tops of tomatoes and scoop out seeds and pulp from cavity, leaving the shell of the tomato intact and being careful not to penetrate the bottom.
- Sprinkle insides of tomatoes with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Put ½ tablespoon buttermilk in bottom of each shell.
- Fill each shell with a raw egg, which will come almost to the top of tomato.
- Carefully spoon 1 tablespoon buttermilk on top of each.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Place in shallow baking dish and bake 25 minutes, or until eggs are set but not overcooked.