Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Chung Estate in Arlington, Texas in 1987.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ cup flour for dredging
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Flatten chicken breasts with a wooden meat mallet then slice into large strips.
- Place in a large bowl and cover completely with buttermilk, cayenne and chili powder.
- Refrigerate 4-6 hours.
- Fill large shallow bowl with flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Heat large skillet with vegetable oil.
- Dip chicken in seasoned flour then fry in hot oil until golden brown turning once or twice.