- Place sugar, shortening and salt in a large bowl.
- Pour 2 cups boiling water over it.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- Beat 3 eggs for 10 to 15 minutes in mixer.
- Dissolve 2 tablespoons yeast in ½ cup water beat into lukewarm mixture from above 3 cups white flour, add eggs and yeast.
- Beat well and add 2 cups of flour.
- You may add 4 to 6 tablespoons milk powder if you want.
- Add 1½ cup flour or more to make sticky dough stiffer and elastic.
- Put in greased bowl and refrigerate.
- Or let dough rise almost triple in bulk.
- Form butterhorn rolls: roll ⅓ of the dough out in a circle, and cut into 16 wedges with a pizza cutter.
- Let rise.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes at 350°F.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.