Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe comes from a cake decorating class I took a while back. If you have trouble finding some of the ingredients, try the baking aisle of an arts-and-crafts store, such as Hobby Lobby.
- 2 cups Crisco
- 8 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon meringue powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup of liquid:
- In large mixing bowl, add Crisco, sifted powdered sugar, flour, meringue powder, and salt.
- In measuring cup, add clear vanilla, butter flavor, and almond extract.
- Fill up with water to ½ cup line.
- Be sure to only use ½ cup of liquid total, or the icing will become too soft to work with if more is added.
- Add liquid mixture to ingredients in bowl.
- Mix on medium speed until icing is completely mixed and smoothed.
8 cups are equal to a 2 lb bag of powdered sugar. Also, you may substitute almond extract for lemon, orange, etc.