Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Butterbeer is served cold in bottles and hot in "foaming tankards". In Hogsmeade, it's sold at The Three Broomsticks and The Hog's Head. In Diagon Alley, the drink has been known to be sold at the Leaky Cauldron.
Butterbeer 2 liter cream soda 2 tablespoons Butter extract 2 teaspoons rum extract *drop the extracts into the 2 liter bottle, put on cap and slowly rotate until combined.
Cream topping 1 7oz container of marshmallow creme 1 cup whipping cream 1 teaspoon rum extract *add all items together in an electric mixer and combine until smooth.
Pour the butterbeer into a glass, drizzle with the cream topping, and enjoy!
Here’s what we liked about this one:
- It’s easy to serve a crowd. Just add the flavorings right into a 2-liter bottle of cream soda.
- It replicates the fizziness of the original better than any others we tried. This might have something to do with how it’s mixed up, by swirling the 2-liter of cream soda after adding the flavorings, as opposed to pouring it out and stirring it. Or maybe it’s something about the combination of this particular recipe’s beer and froth. Whatever it was, my kids were impressed that this one kept on fizzing, much like the original. It is not as sweet as the original, though.
- If you’re serving this for a party, you can even print out butterbeer labels to cover the cream soda label.
- Marshmallow cream and whipping cream make for a yummy froth!
- It makes a lot. If you’re making this for yourself, you’re going to have left overs.
- It uses a lot of extracts. The beer itself uses both butter extract (quite a bit of it) and rum extract. Personally, I could taste the artificial quality of the extracts, and they seemed to overpower the drink. You may want to consider cutting the amount of extract used by up to half.
- While similar to the original, it’s not as sweet, and my kids definitely missed the sweetness.