Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup butter-flavored Crisco
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ cups sifted cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup buttermilk, yogurt, or sour cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ⅛ teaspoon mace (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour one bundt cake pan or one bread loaf or large brownie pan.
- Cream butter, Crisco, and gradually add the sugar, creaming until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture alternately with milk and flavorings to creamed mixture, beating after each addition until smooth and light.
- Pour batter into cake pan.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes, remove and finish cooling on rack.
- Frost when cool with your favorite frosting or drizzle with confectioner's icing and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.