- 3 x 8 gram packets of yeast
- 2 cups milk
- 5 cups flour
- 3 tbs Sugar
- 4 oz margarine
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 oz margarine (for basting)
- Dissolve yeast in warm milk (1 cup boiling and 1 cup cold) together with Sugar. Leave bowl in micro for approximately 45 minutes (it gets foamy). In the meantime, mix flour with margarine until the mixture looks like oatmeal.
- When the yeast is ready, add to the flour mixture together with the salt and eggs. Cover and place in micro for approximately 1 hour until mixture doubles in size. Turn out onto floured board, divide into 20 equal portions.
- Knead the pieces into balls and heat oven to 400 °F. Roll out one ball at a time, brush with melted butter. Fold in half, then quarter, and seal edges.
- Place on greased baking sheets with enough space to rise. Turn oven down to 350 °F and bake for approximately 35 minutes or until done.
- Brush with melted butter while still hot.