Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Combine beans and water; bring to a boil for 2 minutes, cover and remove from heat.
- Let beans soak for 1 or 2 hours.
- Drain off water and add 8 new cups of water, the return to a boil and cook over low heat for 1 hour.
- (or do it the quick way in a pressure cooker).
- While beans cook, heat broth in a non-stick skillet and add onion and pepper.
- Sauté until soft but not brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add celery and parsley and cook 3 minutes longer.
- Add sautéed vegetables to beans along with seasonings.
- Continue to cook, covered, until very tender (about 1 to 1½ hours longer).
- When just about cooked, stir in the ground peanuts and cook for 15 minutes more.
- Freezes well.