Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Pernice Estate in Mesquite, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1½ cups tomato juice
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ pound ground beef
- 16 ounce can refried beans
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 1 small avocado
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1½ cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- Wrap tortillas securely in aluminum foil and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- Combine tomato juice, seasoning mix and oil and stir well then set aside.
- Cook ground beef in a large skillet until browned stirring to crumble then drain well.
- Stir in beans and ½ cup tomato juice mixture.
- Bring to boil then cover and reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Place ¼ cup beef mixture and 2½ tablespoons cheese down center of each tortilla.
- Roll up tortillas and place seam side down in a lightly greased rectangular baking dish.
- Pour remaining tomato juice mixture over casserole then cover and bake at 350°F for 35 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese then bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Peel and cube avocado and toss with lemon juice.
- Sprinkle avocado, lettuce and tomato over casserole.