Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This spicy salad complements any meat dish. Served alone, it is a great vegetarian dish. Makes 4 servings.
- 400 g (14 oz) tofu, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 inches root ginger, grated
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon tamarind juice
- In a serving dish or salad bowl, combine the sliced tofu, garlic, soy sauce and ginger.
- Set aside.
- In a wok or frying pan, heat the oil and cook the chili powder over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir well.
- Add the onions and stir-fry for another 5 minutes or until onions turn brown.
- Add the tamarind juice and continue to stir for 2 minutes.
- To serve, pour the mixture over the tofu, toss well and serve immediately.