You can substitute leftover cooked turkey for chicken. This recipe also keeps for weeks when put in an airtight jar and placed in the fridge.
- Place chicken in a large saucepan.
- Cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Remove chicken from saucepan and allow it to cool before removing the skin and bones.
- Shred meat into string-like pieces.
- Cut onion in half and slice thinly.
- Heat oil in a wok and add onions and turmeric. Stir until onion turns dark.
- Add garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until brown.
- Remove onions and garlic and set aside.
- Leave oil in pan.
- Put chicken shreds in the pan.
- Cook over medium heat. Stir often. Cook for 10 minutes or until brown.
- Drain off oil before adding onions, garlic, salt and chile.
- Continue cooking over moderately low heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir frequently.