A Catfish recipe.
- 2 pounds U.S. farm-raised catfish, cut into 2-inch squares
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery heart
- 1 cup shredded Chinese cabbage
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 quarts chicken stock or low-sodium canned chicken broth
- 2-3 cups cooked white rice
- Mix catfish pieces, lime juice and red pepper flakes in a shallow dish.
- Heat sesame oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, celery, cabbage, ginger and garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with curry powder and celery salt.
- Reduce heat to medium and sauté for 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add chicken stock; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Stir in catfish mixture.
- Bring to another boil, reduce heat to medium and season with soy sauce.
- Simmer for 3 minutes or until catfish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Place mounds of rice in the center of large soup bowls.
- Ladle the soup over rice.
- Sprinkle with the chopped cilantro or celery leaves and serve.