Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This flavorful and spicy salad can also be served as a light snack.
- Serves 4 people
- 1 pound fish, filleted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pinch of turmeric
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 bulb lemon grass or 1 bunch coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon cooked oil
- 1 teaspoon roasted chili powder
- 2 teaspoons (or to taste) fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons fried onions
- 1 or 2 limes
- 1 heaping tablespoon fried garlic
- Chop the fish.
- Pound or put through electric blender.
- Add salt and turmeric while pounding/blenderizing until cohesive lump is formed.
- Remove any bones.
- Boil fish lump in water.
- Fish is done when it rises.
- Remove from water.
- Slice fish and make ¼-inch strips.
- Soak onions in water.
- Slice lemon grass finely.
- Put sliced lemon grass in water, taking care to separate the rings from each other.
- You may also use finely chopped coriander leaves in place of lemon grass.
- Right before serving, put the fish, onion, lemon grass (or coriander), cooked oil, roasted chili powder, fish sauce and fried onions in a bowl.
- Squeeze lime and mix well.
- Add salt according to desired taste.