- 16 Burgundy vines (about 12 inches long) soaked in water for an hour
- 1 cup Burgundy red wine
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons green peppercorns in brine, drained and crushed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon juniper berries
- 4 pounds beef sirloin, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 red bell peppers, halved, seeded
- 2 yellow bell peppers, halved, seeded
- 2 medium red onions, peeled
- 24 cremini or shiitake mushrooms, wiped clean
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- In large bowl, combine wine, ¼ cup olive oil, garlic, onion, rosemary, green peppercorns, mustard and juniper berries. Mix well.
- Add beef cubes, toss to coat well, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours.
- After marinating, thread beef onto 8 vine skewers. Set to one side. Reserve marinade.
- Preheat grill to high.
- Cut zucchini, red and yellow peppers and red onions into large pieces.
- Skewer onto remaining 8 vine skewers alternating with mushrooms.
- In small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Brush vegetables with this mixture and season to taste.
- Grill beef skewers for 2 to 3 minutes per side (8 to 10 minutes total cooking time for medium-rare doneness), basting frequently with remaining marinade.
- When beef has been cooking 3 minutes, place vegetable skewers on grill and cook for 6 to 8 minutes until tender, brushing with remaining oil and vinegar mixture.
- Remove from grill and serve.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.