Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 6 Servings.
- 1½ pounds beef eye round
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 13¾ ounce can ready-to-serve beef broth
- ½ cup burgundy wine
- 3 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1½ cups baby carrots
- 1 cup frozen whole pearl onions
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- 8-ounce package frozen sugar snap peas
- Trim fat from the beef and cut into ½-inch pieces.
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add beef (half at a time) and brown evenly, stirring occasionally.
- Pour off drippings.
- Season with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Stir in broth, wine and garlic.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low.
- Cover tightly and simmer for 1½ hours.
- Add carrots and onions.
- Cover and continue cooking for 35 to 40 minutes or until beef and vegetables are tender.
- Bring beef stew to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add cornstarch mixture; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in sugar-snap peas.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 3 or 4 minutes, or until peas are heated through.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 220
- Fat 6 g
- Carbs 11 g
- Sodium 567 Mg
- Fiber 3 g