Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The American Heart Association Around The World Cookbook, 1996 by the American Heart Association.
- Serves 5; about 3 ounces fish and ⅓ cup vegetables per serving
- 1 cup small broccoli florets (about 6 ounces)
- 1 medium carrot, cut into matchstick-size strips
- ½ cup thinly sliced yellow summer squash
- 1 x 2-pound dressed rainbow trout, sea trout, or pike
- ½ tsp dried basil, crumbled
- ½ tsp dried oregano, crumbled
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook broccoli, carrots, and squash in a saucepan in a small amount of boiling water over high heat for 1 minute.
- Drain and set aside.
- Rinse fish with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- To assemble fish bundle, tear off 1 or 2 pieces of foil large enough to encase the fish.
- Place fish in the middle of the foil.
- In a small bowl, combine basil, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle half the herb mixture inside the cavity of the fish.
- Arrange vegetables inside and around the fish.
- Sprinkle with remaining herb mixture.
- Bring foil up and around fish; seal tightly.
- Place fish bundle on a baking sheet.
- Bake about 40 minutes, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- To serve, unwrap fish and place on a serving platter.
- Arrange vegetables around fish.
Nutritional information Edit
- 271 Calories | 39g Protein | 3g Carbs | 10g Total Fat | 3g Saturated Fat | 3g Polyunsaturated Fat | 4g Monounsaturated Fat | 119mg Cholesterol | 237mg Sodium