- 2 lbs potatoes
- ¼ cup potato starch (½ cup flour can be substituted)
- 1 small onion
- 2 eggs
- salt, pepper
- oil for frying
- Traditionally, the potatoes are peeled and grated and the onion chopped fine.
- Then, the egg/salt/pepper are mixed in.
- Once you have the batter prepared, heat your griddle or frying pan.
- Add a generous amount of cooking oil.
- Drop by spoons-full or pour pancake mixture on the hot griddle.
- Fry until golden on both sides.
- Place cooked blynai on paper towels or newspaper briefly to absorb the excess grease.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and/or applesauce.