- 150g/+5oz prunes,
- Hot water,
- 120ml/4fl.oz. vegetable oil,
- 900g/2 lb leeks,
- 225g/8oz Bulgar Wheat,
- 1 teasp paprika,
- 600ml/20fl.oz. Boiling water,
- Place the prunes in a bowl, cover with hot water and set aside to soak.
- Heat the oil together with about 2 tablespoons of water in a large saucepan, add the leeks, mix well and cook over a low/medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring.
- Add the bulgur, paprika and boiling water, mix well, bring to the boil then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain the prunes, add them to the bulgur and season with salt. Mix well and continue to cook for a further 5–10 minutes until the bulgur is tender, adding a little more water if necessary to prevent it drying out. Serve hot.