Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Stuffed bell peppers
- 1 kg 12 sweet bell peppers
- 500 g (18 oz) mutton or beef
- 100 g rice or ½ cup rice
- 1 egg
- 4 onions
- 3 tomatoes
- black pepper
- bay leaf
- Put meat through a meat-grinder and combine with pre-soaked rice, beaten egg, finely chopped onions, salt and black pepper.
- To make stuffed peppers, remove stems and seeds from bell peppers and fill with meat mixture.
- In a large pot, boil meat bones to make broth, place stuffed bell peppers on top and cook over low heat about 30 minutes.
- Serve 4 – 6 peppers on each plate and top with strained broth.