Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe is for 6 servings.
- Preparation: 6 hours and 25 minutes.
- 4 lbs short rib of beef (can also use tri tip, and flank steak)
- ⅔ cup green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- 2½ tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted and crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ⅛ teaspoon Szechwan pepper, ground
- Trim beef to ½" thick pieces.
- If you are using tri tip or flank steak, be sure to cut across the grain.
- Combine everything except for the beef in large a ziplock bag.
- Close the bag and massage the bag until everything is well mixed.
- Add the beef.
- Be sure the bag is closed tightly.
- Massage again until all of the meat is completely coated.
- Place in the refrigerator for 4 – 6 hours.
- Turn the bag occasionally during this process to ensure it marinates evenly.
- When you are ready to cook, remove the beef from the bag and pour the marinade into a small bowl.
- Meat can be grilled on a BBQ (this is the traditional method), broiled or even pan fried.
- Based on the thinness of your beef, it will take between 3 – 6 minutes to cook per side.
- Be sure to brush on additional marinade when you flip the meat.