- Mix the bulghur wheat, egg, whole wheat flour, basil, sage, poultry seasoning and salt together.
- Form into patties and roll in whole wheat flour.
- Fry in a small amount of oil until lightly browned.
- These may be wrapped in individual packages and reheated.
- Cook like hamburger meat or add to casseroles in place of meat.
- Variation: form into cocktail size balls, before cooking and serve with sweet and sour sauce.
- ¾ cup of grated cheddar cheese can be added.
- mixture forms better when slightly chilled.