- Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the Onion and sauté gently for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, halve the aubergines and remove the flesh with a teaspoon, leave the skins in tact.
- Chop the aubergine flesh very roughly then add to the onions, raise the heat and sauté for 5 minutes stirring.
- Add the carrots, celery, tomatoes, garlic, parsley, bay leaf, pepper and salt and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Stuff the aubergine skins with the Onion mixture, place in a shall ovenproof dish and sprinkle with the breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 20–30 minutes. Traditionally served cold garnished with slices of lemon but can be served hot.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.