Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 kg/2.2 lb Self Raising flour
- 450g/1 lb Bulgarian white cheese or feta, crumbled
- 480ml/16fl.oz. Plain yoghurt
- 3 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6 and lightly oil 2 or 3 baking trays. Place the flour, yoghurt, eggs and crumbled Cheese in a large mixing bowl and mix to a stiff dough. Knead lightly.
- Divide the mixture into 8 portions, shape each portion into a ball then place on the baking tray and slightly flatten each ball with the palm of your hand.
- Make a hole in the middle of each loaf with your finger and place a knob of butter inside. Bake for 30–35 minutes or until the loaves and browned and sound hollow when tapped on the base. Cool on a wire tray.