Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Bulanglang is a healthy vegetarian dish well known in the Philippines. The manner of preparing it varies in different regions.
- 1 medium bangus (milkfish)
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups squash cut into 1" cubes
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup green beans diagonally halved
- ½ cup cooking oil
- 1 small ampalaya (bitter melon) seeded and cut 1½ lengths
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 3 to 4 tbsp bagoong
- 2 cups spinach
- Scale and clean fish, slice into 4 to 6 pieces.
- Sprinkle with salt and fry in hot oil until brown on all sides.
- Set aside.
- Pour off all but 2 tbsp of oil in skillet.
- Sautè garlic, onions, and tomato in oil.
- Add bagoong and water.
- Let come to boil.
- Add fish, squash, green beans and ampalaya in that order.
- Lower heat to moderate and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are done.
- Add spinach.
- Remove from heat, cover and let stand for about 5 minutes before serving.