Chicken and rice stir-fried with onion, lemon, carrot and tomato paste.
- Sauté onions and carrot in oil.
- Add chicken or meat and all spices and continue to cook (you might need to add a little water).
- When chicken is halfway done, add the tomato puree.
- Continue to cook over low heat until chicken is done.
- Be careful not to overcook.
- Remove chicken from pot and set aside.
- Now add rice to pot and cook on low until just barely cooked.
- You might need to add ½ cup water for rice to be done.
- Be careful not to overcook rice because you do not want mushy rice.
- To serve, place rice on platter and add chicken on top.
- Optional: garnish with fried almonds and raisins on top for a most exquisite and delicious dish.