Baked sweet dumplings
- 200 g flour
- 30 g yeast
- 3 eggs
- 10 g melted butter
- 2.5 dl lukewarm milk
- 25 g sugar
- 1 ground lemon peel
- 1 tbsp dark rum
- Pour sifted flour with salt in a bowl.
- Make a hole in the middle and put in some salt and lemon peel.
- Take a cup and pour in 4 tbsp warm milk, add yeast, 1 tbsp sugar and 1 tbsp flour.
- Mix and let it stand until yeast rises.
- Put eggs, butter, sugar, rum and milk in the blender. Mix well.
- Pour in the hole in flour and yeast, and gradually add the liquid from the blender. Mix slowly.
- Make soft dough and beat it with the ladle, until it separates from the bowl and small blisters appear.
- Cover the bowl and let dough rise until it doubles in bulk.
- Grease the baking tin.
- Roll the pastry out to the thickness of a finger.
- Cut the squares (8x8 cm).
- Place 1 teaspoon marmalade on each square.
- Roll them.
- Slightly press the ends of the dumplings.
- Grease each piece with butter, so that they cannot stick together.
- Arrange them in the baking tin.
- Do all the work with greased hands.
- The dumplings must rise once more for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Heat the oven and bake for 35 – 40 minutes.
- Cover them if the surface begins to burn.
- Place on a serving dish and pour with powdered sugar with vanilla.