A flaming hot alternative to buffalo wings is made with real honey and cayenne pepper cooked to perfection. A spice rub works for this for mixing the chicken wings, too.
- 3 lbs. chicken wings, tips removed and split at the joint
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Place chicken wings in a 12 x 16 pan, in one layer, and bake 350° degrees Fahrenheit in an oven for 40 minutes, basting now and again with the juices in the pan.
- Combine the honey glaze with all ingredients except garlic powder, salt, and pepper, in a glass jar and stir to blend. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Continue baking chicken and basting with glaze for 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and deeply colored. Serve with your favorite blue cheese dressing, if desired.