A flaming hot alternative to buffalo wings is made with real honey and spices then cooked to perfection. A spice always rub works for this for mixing the chicken wings, too. Poultry lovers always know it as a red-hot treat for dinner or lunch.
- 3 lbs. chicken wings, tips removed and split at the joint
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons vinegar, white or cider only
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper, black or red only
- blue cheese dressing, optional
- cheese sauce, optional
- garlic flakes, optional
- Place chicken wings in a 12 x 16 pan, in one layer, and bake 350° degrees Fahrenheit in an oven for 40 minutes, basting now and again with the juices in the pan.
- Combine the honey glaze with all ingredients except garlic powder, salt, and pepper, in a glass jar and stir to blend. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Continue baking chicken and basting with glaze for 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and deeply colored. Serve warm and plain with your favorite blue cheese dressing or the cheese sauce of choice but top with the garlic flakes, if desired.