Purchased from the Wells Estate in Canton, Texas in 1987. Date and source unknown.
- 2 pounds ground Beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- 1 medium white Onion, grated
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 teaspoon sage, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon Steak sauce
- Mix ground Beef lightly with eggs, rolled oats, Onion, applesauce, salt, pepper, and sage until well-blended.
- Pack firmly into a loaf pan.
- Unmold into a shallow baking pan.
- Score top in cross-cross patter and brush with Steak sauce.
- Bake in 350 oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes.