Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 8 chinese dried mushrooms
- 2 oz dried bean thread noodles, broken into 4-inch pieces
- 1½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 scallions (white and light green parts), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced on diagonal
- ½ cup canned sliced water chestnuts
- ½ cup canned bamboo shoots, julienned
- 15 oz can baby corn, drained
- 8 oz snow peas, strings removed
- 8 oz Chinese (napa) cabbage (¼ small head), cut into 2 x 1-inch pieces
- 8 oz firm tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ⅔ cup vegetable broth
- In small bowl, mix all sauce ingredients.
- Set aside.
- In medium bowl, soak mushrooms in ½ cup cold water until softened, about 30 minutes.
- In another bowl, soak noodles in hot (not boiling) water to cover 5 minutes.
- Drain mushrooms and squeeze dry (reserve soaking water to use in soups).
- Cut off and discard stems; thinly slice caps and set aside.
- Drain noodles and set aside.
- In wok or large deep skillet, heat vegetable oil over high heat.
- Add mushrooms, scallions, garlic and ginger and stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add carrot, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, baby corn, snow peas and cabbage and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add sauce, cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Gently stir in noodles and tofu until well coated.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until most of the sauce is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Serve at once.