Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 2/3 cups buttermilk
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup frozen cranberry juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 200 °F. Lightly coat waffle iron with cooking spray and preheat.
4. In small bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gently fold into batter.
5. Ladle 2/3 cup batter (or amount recommended by manufacturer’s directions for your waffle iron) into waffle iron. Close lid and cook until waffles are golden, about 3 to 4 minutes. Gently open lid and remove waffle with fork. Serve immediately or transfer to baking sheet and keep warm in oven. Repeat with remaining batter, lightly coating iron with cooking spray each time.
6. While waffles cook, in small saucepan, combine maple syrup, cranberry juice concentrate and dried cranberries. Bring to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat to low, and simmer until Berries are plumped, about 3 minutes (syrup will be thin). Serve warm syrup over waffles.