Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- # 1 1/2 cups cooked Buckwheat
- # 3-4 cloves minced garlic
- # 1 finely chopped green onion
- egg Replacer for 1 egg
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Variation 1: prepared horseradish, vegan worcestershire sauce, paprika, red wine vinegar
- Variation 2: ketchup, herbs of choice
- vegan bread crumbs
- olive oil
- Buckwheat can be cooked with a 2:1 liquid to dry ratio.
- Combine Buckwheat, garlic, green onions and salt/pepper to taste. Add ingredients for variation 1 or 2 to taste [i.e. the last time I made this I used 2 capfuls of W. sauce, 1 1/2 tsp horseradish, 1 capful of vegan red wine vinegar and 1/2 tsp paprika). Mix well. Add the Ener-G egg Replacer and mix. Add enough vegan bread crumbs so that you can form patties in your hand (it should be moist but not wet). If you find you made it too dry, just add a little bit of water until you get the consitency you want.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan. 'Cook' the patties a couple of minutes until they are golden brown on each side. Serve as sandwiches or as a meal complement.