Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Taro balls in coconut cream. A scrumptious Thai dessert that I can't resist, I first tried this in my favorite Thai restaurant. It never gets old!
- 1 cup cooked taro root, mashed
- 2 cups glutinous-rice flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup palm sugar (can use cane or beet sugar)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 6 – 8 teaspoons water
- Put the rice flour and cornstarch in a bowl.
- Add the mashed taro and knead to a soft dough using water as needed.
- Knead well.
- Roll into little balls and set aside.
- Dissolve the palm sugar and salt in the coconut milk over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil and add the taro balls.
- When they are cooked through, remove from the heat.
- Serve hot.
- Optional: can sprinkle with sesame seeds.