Taro balls in coconut cream. A scrumptious Thai dessert that I can't resist, I first tried this in my favorite Thai restaurant. It never gets old!
- 1 cup cooked taro root, mashed
- 2 cups glutinous-rice flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup palm sugar (can use cane or beet sugar)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 6 – 8 teaspoons water
- Put the rice flour and cornstarch in a bowl.
- Add the mashed taro and knead to a soft dough using water as needed.
- Knead well.
- Roll into little balls and set aside.
- Dissolve the palm sugar and salt in the coconut milk over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil and add the taro balls.
- When they are cooked through, remove from the heat.
- Serve hot.
- Optional: can sprinkle with sesame seeds.