Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Makes 8 servings
- 1½ pounds (720 g) fresh Brussels sprouts
- refrigerated butter-flavored cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons (25 g) reduced-fat stick margarine
- 8 whole chestnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) fresh lemon juice
- Trim the Brussels sprouts, halve lengthwise then cut lengthwise into thin julienne strips.
- Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Add 1 tablespoon (12.5 g) of the margarine and place over medium-high heat.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and sauté until crispy tender and golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer brussels sprouts to a serving dish and sprinkle with chestnuts.
- In same skillet, melt remaining 1 tablespoon (12.5 g) margarine and stir in the lemon juice.
- When hot, pour over the Brussels sprouts and serve.
Nutritional information Edit
- 71 calories (21% calories from fat) | 3g protein | 2g total fat (1.3g saturated fat) | 13g carbohydrates | 4g dietary fiber | 0 cholesterol | 387mg potassium | 40mg sodium
- Diabetic exchanges: 1 carbohydrate (½ bread/starch, 1½ vegetable)