Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Makes 8 servings
- 1½ pounds (720 g) fresh Brussels sprouts
- refrigerated butter-flavored cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons (25 g) reduced-fat stick margarine
- 8 whole chestnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) fresh lemon juice
- Trim the Brussels sprouts, halve lengthwise then cut lengthwise into thin julienne strips.
- Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Add 1 tablespoon (12.5 g) of the margarine and place over medium-high heat.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and sauté until crispy tender and golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer brussels sprouts to a serving dish and sprinkle with chestnuts.
- In same skillet, melt remaining 1 tablespoon (12.5 g) margarine and stir in the lemon juice.
- When hot, pour over the Brussels sprouts and serve.
Nutritional information Edit
- 71 calories (21% calories from fat) | 3g protein | 2g total fat (1.3g saturated fat) | 13g carbohydrates | 4g dietary fiber | 0 cholesterol | 387mg potassium | 40mg sodium
- Diabetic exchanges: 1 carbohydrate (½ bread/starch, 1½ vegetable)