Purchased from the Wells Estate in Canton, Texas in 1987. The notation on this card indicates it came from a church cookbook in 1944. Exact date and source unknown. If you like Brussels sprouts, like I do, this is a dynamite recipe.
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- Â½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the sprouts covered in boiling salted water until tender.
- Drain and keep warm.
- Heat the butter in small saucepan and brown the pecans.
- Pour the pecans over the sprouts and serve immediately.