Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Family Circle All-Time Favorite Recipes
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Servings: 12
Seasoning oil Edit
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- ⅛ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Tomato topping Edit
- 1½ lb plum tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 loaf French bread (8 oz), split horizontally
- small fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Prepare seasoning oil: heat oil in a small skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic, basil and red-pepper flakes; cook, stirring, 5 to 7 minutes or until garlic is golden.
- Cool the oil and strain.
- Meanwhile, prepare tomato topping: stir together tomatoes, basil, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Heat oven to 500°F.
- Brush cut sides of split bread with about 2 tablespoons seasoning oil.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in heated 500°F oven 3 to 5 minutes or until golden.
- Slice toasted bread into 2-inch widths and arrange on a large serving platter.
- Spoon tomato topping over and garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Nutritional information Edit
- 126 Calories | 3g Protein | 211mg Sodium | 2mg Cholesterol | 7g Fat | 13g Carbs
- Exchanges: 1 bread/starch | 2 fat