Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes about 16 bars.
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 cups (12-oz pkg) Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- ¼ tsp salt
- Classic caramel topping (recipe follows)
Classic caramel topping Edit
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line 9-inch square baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan; grease and flour foil.
- Combine sugar, butter and water in medium saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils.
- Remove from heat; immediately add 1 cup chocolate chips, stirring until melted.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until well blended.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; stir into chocolate mixture.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- Meanwhile, prepare Classic caramel topping.
- Remove brownies from oven; immediately and carefully spread with prepared topping.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup chips and pecans over topping.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack, being careful not to disturb chips while soft.
- Cut into bars.