Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 8 slices bacon -- diced
- ½ cup raw brown rice
- 4 green onions with tops—sliced
- 1 cup raw long-grain converted rice
- 3 cups beef broth
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds -- toasted
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In skillet, fry bacon until partially crisp but still limp.
- Stir in brown riceand cook over medium heat until rice is a light golden brown.
- Add bacon and browned rice to crock-pot with green onions, mushrooms, white rice and broth; stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 2½ to 3½hours.
- Before serving, stir well; add salt if needed.
- Garnish with almonds and cheese.