Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 6-8 minutes
Grilled salmon steaks with a crisp mustard and brown sugar coating. The brown sugar carmelizes making deep flavored crust, and the mustard sweetens as it cooks.
- Pre-heat your grill to medium high heat.
- Remove the pin bones with bone tweezers along the grain.
- Using a sharp paring or boning knife, trim bones from the cavity side of the steak.
- Trim the stomach flaps so that 1 side is missing about 2 inches of skin and the other, 1 inch of meat. Roll the skinless section up into the hollow of the cavity, then wrap the other around the outside to form a round resembling a filet mignon. Tie in place with 2 passes of butcher's twine.
- Lightly coat the sides of the salmon with mustard, then dip in brown sugar.
- Quickly coat the crill with canola oil to avoid sticking.
- Grill for 3 minutes on each side (medium rare).
- Serve with your favorite light side.