Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 6-8 minutes
Grilled salmon steaks with a crisp mustard and brown sugar coating. The brown sugar carmelizes making deep flavored crust, and the mustard sweetens as it cooks.
- Pre-heat your grill to medium high heat.
- Remove the pin bones with bone tweezers along the grain.
- Using a sharp paring or boning knife, trim bones from the cavity side of the steak.
- Trim the stomach flaps so that 1 side is missing about 2 inches of skin and the other, 1 inch of meat. Roll the skinless section up into the hollow of the cavity, then wrap the other around the outside to form a round resembling a filet mignon. Tie in place with 2 passes of butcher's twine.
- Lightly coat the sides of the salmon with mustard, then dip in brown sugar.
- Quickly coat the crill with canola oil to avoid sticking.
- Grill for 3 minutes on each side (medium rare).
- Serve with your favorite light side.