Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 4 servings.
- 3/4 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup dry Lentils, rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped Onion
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 14-1/2-ounce can peeled whole tomatoes, undrained, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 cups water
- Combine rice, Lentils, Onion, celery, carrots, parsley, seasoning, garlic, bay leaf, broth, tomatoes, vinegar and water in Dutch oven or large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 55 minutes to 1 hour, or until rice is tender.
- Remove and discard bay leaf.