Makes about 18 four-inch pancakes
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk baking mix
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup skim milk
- 4 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Reduced-calorie syrup (optional)
- margarine (optional)
- Combine baking mix, cinnamon, milk and egg whites in large bowl; stir until smooth. Stir in rice and applesauce.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle coated with cooking spray.
- Cook over medium heat until bubbles form on top and underside is lightly browned.
- Turn to brown other side. Serve with syrup and margarine.