A red-hot combination of brown rice and curry powder is made with real vegetables, cooked to fresh perfection, and served with other meals. Keep the stock absorbed into the rice so when you wake up and yawn, all you have to do is pair this curry-based rice dish with other main dishes.
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 ½ cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 onion, finely chopped, white or yellow only
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- Add the stock to a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Add all the ingredients before sautéing with the olive oil.
- Reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook until stock has been absorbed into rice.
- Average cooking time is 60 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes and fluff with a fork. Serve hot and plain but pair this curry-based rice dish with other main dishes in a large plate.
Nutritional Information Edit
Servings: 3 tablespoons per plate