A red-hot combination of brown rice and curry powder is made with real vegetables, cooked to fresh perfection, and served with other meals.
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 ½ cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 onion, finely chopped, white only
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- Add the stock to a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Add all the ingredients before sautéing with the olive oil.
- Reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook until stock has been absorbed into rice.
- Average cooking time is 60 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes and fluff with fork. Serve hot with other main dishes.
Nutritional Information Edit
Servings: 3 tablespoons per plate