Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 1 pkg. yeast
- ¼ cup honey
- 5 cups whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1½ cups cooked brown rice at room temperature
- ¾ cup unbleached white flour for kneading
- Pour 2¾ cups lukewarm water into large mixing bowl and stir in yeast.
- Set aside 5 minutes to dissolve, then with wooden spoon stir in honey and 3 cups wheat flour. Beat vigorously 1 minute.
- Cover with plastic wrap in warm spot 30 minutes or until double in size.
- Stir in oil and salt.
- Add brown rice; Beat in last 2 cups wheat flour, ½ ccup at a time (to make a stiff dough).
- Turn out on floured board and knead about 7 minutes adding flour as needed to prevent sticking.
- Form into ball and place in oiled bowl, turning to coat with oil.
- Cover with plastic wrap, let double.
- Sprinkle baking sheet with cornmeal.
- Punch down dough and knead briefly on floured surface.
- Divide in half and shape into balls (flatten during baking).
- Place them diagonally on opposite corners of baking sheet, cover loosely with plastic, let rise.
- Remove plastic wrap. Slash across top.
- Bake about 45 minutes in 375 °F Oven.
- Cool on wire rack. I add a shredded carrot at the same time I add the rice.