Makes 6 servings.
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets, blanched
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast cubes
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Cook rice according to package directions, substituting soy sauce for 2 tablespoons water.
- Combine rice, broccoli, chicken, ½ cup cheese, almonds, black pepper, garlic powder and nutmeg in large bowl.
- Place in greased 3-quart baking dish or in individual greased baking dishes. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake at 350 °F for 20 to 25 minutes.