Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 lb fish, (snapper, dolphin, kingfish, etc., cut into 1 inch slices)
- 2 onions, med to large, cut into thick and thin slices.
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 hot pepper, seeds removed, diced
- salt to taste
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- fat for frying
- 2 tbsp butter
- water, fish broth, vegetable broth, light beef or other available stock
- 1 tbsp flour
- Prepare the fish, scaling and gutting and cutting into 1 inch slices.
- Fry it lightly and set aside.
- Make a brown sauce by frying onion in butter and adding flour slowly until brown.
- Add water, beer or what ever liquid to thick, also peppers, salt and green pepper.
- Cook to thicken just a little.
- Lower heat a bit more.
- Place the slices into the brown sauce.
- Cover with some of the sauce.
- Cover and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turning the at least once and adding more water if necessary to keep it from dying out.