- Place all in a saucepan with 1½ litres (2½ pints) water, cover and simmer for 2 hours.
- Strain and cool.
- Skim off any fat.
- Add chopped cooked liver and the flesh of the chicken if you want ‘pieces’ in the soup.
- Otherwise omit and serve strained.
- Add browning to the flour with butter and, when blended into a roux, add to the strained stock.
- Serve hot with fried bread croutons.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.