Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 cups brown beans, dried
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup, dark
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cinnamon stick, small
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Pick over and rinse the beans.
- Add the water and soak the beans at least 12 hours.
- Bring the beans and soaking water to a boil.
- Cover the pan and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add the salt, vinegar, syrup, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon stick.
- Stir to mix.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour.
- If the liquid is not thickened, turn up the heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cinnamon stick.
- Serve hot.