Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 cups brown basmati rice
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 4 cups boiling vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/3 cup cashew pieces
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger
2. Heat oil for 30 seconds in a saucepan over medium heat, and add shallot, scallions, carrots and rice. Sauté for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add stock, turmeric and salt. Bring to a boil, and stir in cashews. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook without stirring for 40 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Add ginger, and toss gently. Remove from heat, and serve immediately.