Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- ½ cup butter
- 2 ⅞ cups granulated or powdered sugar, brown only
- hot water, approx 2 tbsp.
- 1 ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- Melt and stir butter in a heavy pan over medium heat until golden brown. Blend in or mix with sugar gradually.
- Add vanilla extract and hot water to make or have the spreading consistency.
- Spread over warm rolls, cookies, or cakes. Serve cold. Pour contents from the homemade frosting into the glass jar and reserve this in the refrigerator.
Nutritional Information Edit
Servings: 3 cups or 3 tablespoons per dessert